(818) 552-4503

Showbiz update: Ruffa, Kris decide to bury the hatchet

MANILA, Jan 24 (Mabuhay) After their much talked about misunderstanding last year and months of not seeing each other, Kris Aquino and Ruffa Gutierrez’s paths have crossed again in a bar and restaurant in Pasay City.

Television personality Tim Yap announced on Twitter that the two celebrities, former hosts of “The Buzz”, bumped into each other on Saturday night in a bar and restaurant he co-managed, the Opus Restaurant and Lounge. “Spotted-here at opus, @itsmekrisAquino and @iloveruffag officially said hello to each other as friends! Yay to peace!” Yap tweeted. “never thought that the day would come when @itsmekrisaquino would walk into my club. She never goes out. Her bro PNOY had a date here though,” he added.

On her own Twitter account, Gutierrez was still on cloud nine after their chance meeting. She tweeted: “My gosh I’m sooooo happy! Para akong nabunutan ng tinik! You’ll never ever believe who I bumped into? Big smiles, shrieks w/ matching talon!”

According to actress Miriam Quiambao, who was at the club that time, Aquino was with Ai-Ai delas Alas and Diether Ocampo. She said a “commotion” ensued after Aquino’s group entered the establishment. “Kris lost a lot of weight!” Quiambao tweeted.

Gutierrez and Aquino have been “The Buzz” co-hosts for 3 years. In March of last year, Gutierrez left the studio of “The Buzz” in the middle of the show after getting offended by Aquino’s remark that staying “kapamilya” was better. Gutierrez was set to leave ABS-CBN then after signing a non-exclusive contract with TV5 network. Gutierrez’s supposed walkout had become talk of the town for months.

Aquino’s older brother, President Benigno Aquino III, was also dragged into the issue after Gutierrez’s mom, talent manager Annabelle Rama, had called on the public not to vote for then presidential candidate. Aquino had later apologized to Gutierrez, which the latter accepted.

Gutierrez left “The Buzz” without personally saying goodbye to co-hosts Aquino and Boy Abunda.She is now hosting a celebrity talk show in another station.

Christian OKs Rachelle Ann’s romance with John

Asia’s Pop Idol Christian Bautista admitted that he is happy for his former sweetheart Rachelle Ann Go who is currently in a romantic relationship with dancer-actor John Prats. Baustista shared that he met with Go during the wedding of Regine Velasquez and Ogie Alcasid last December. He shared that there was no tension between them as they have remained friends even after their relationship. “We’re okay with everybody, okay kaming lahat,” Bautista said.

The balladeer stressed that he has nothing against Prats, his co-star in Sunday variety show “ASAP Rocks”. Bautista said he knows that Prats is “a good guy.” “We see each other Sundays. We’re in the same dressing room. He’s a good guy,” he said of Prats. Last November, Prats admitted that he and Go are exclusively dating.

Meanwhile, Bautista said that he wants to give more attention to his love life this 2011. Although he has described himself as “happily single,” he disclosed that he still misses the feeling of being in a relationship. “Nakaka-miss being in a relationship. Basta right girl and right connection, ‘yun na ‘yon,” he said. (MNS)

Ryza Cenon not ready to go sexy

Kapuso actress Ryza Cenon shared that though she needs to show more skin in her upcoming series with Aljur Abrenica, she is still hesitant to pose for men’s magazine.

The 23-year-old actress welcomed the entertainment writers during the press launch of “Machete” in her white tube top and black tights. She appears sexier now than before but still very reserve.

Ryza said though she will be wearing sexy clothes, the show needs to maintain a wholesome image for the younger audience She also set limitations on herself. “Slight lang na sexy dito, konting skin lang.”

The actress admitted she is not yet ready to show off her body especially on men’s magazines.

“Hindi ko pa talaga rin siya kaya. Ang hirap kasing pumasok sa isang commitment na wala naman dun ang puso mo. Parang ang hirap, kaya hindi ko muna siya inoohan,” she said when asked about a daring pictorial offered to her.

What stops Ryza is the fact that she will be wearing skimpy clothes and people will feast on it. “Hindi ko kaya yung sexy na damit tapos makikita ng tao yung katawan ko.” She cleared that her decision has nothing to do with her non-showbiz boyfriend. The actress said her boyfriend understands the needs of her work and her dressing is not an issue at all. “Wala namang problema sa kanya yun eh. Hindi naman kasi siya nakiki-alam sa trabaho ko and alam nya na work lang talaga yun.” Ryza added that her boyfriend of four years does not limit her to do things especially when it comes to her career.

But when asked about details about her boyfriend, the actress politely excused herself from answering the questions because she wanted to protect his privacy. “As much as possible, ayoko po na idamay sya or ipasok sya sa mundo ko. Sorry po kung hindi ako makakapagsalita, pero hindi po kasi sya showbiz na tao,” she ended. (MNS)

About the Author

Related Posts