REGISTERED OVERSEAS VOTERS WHO HAVE NOT RECEIVED THEIR MAILED BALLOTS MAY PROCEED TO THE PHILIPPINES CONSULATE GENERAL TO VOTE
Los Angeles, 07 May 2013 – The Overseas Voting for the 13 May 2013 elections will terminate on 13 May 2013 at 4 a.m. Los Angeles time.
Overseas Voters (OV) who have not yet received their mailed ballots may proceed to the Philippine Consulate General and be provided with ballots to be able to vote. Pursuant to the COV Guideline No. 2013-06 dated 02 May 2013 issued by the Committee on Overseas Voting (COV), the following directives have been issued:
- Overseas Voter shall personally appear at the Philippine Consulate General;
- COMELEC-deputized Consulate staff will verify the name of Overseas Voter if he/she is listed in the voter’s list, mailing list, list of voters who failed to vote in two (2) successive elections or seafarers’ list;
- Overseas Voter must present a valid identification card for the purpose of establishing his/her identity;
- Once the verification has been completed, COMELEC-deputized Consulate staff shall issue to the Overseas Voter, an unnamed electoral mail packet;
- Overseas Voter shall accomplish the ballot inside the premises of the Philippine Consulate and he/she shall not be allowed to bring the ballot outside the premises of the Post;
- After accomplishing the ballot, the Overseas Voter shall personally submit his/her ballot to the COMELEC-deputized Consulate staff;
- Any Overseas Voter who has not yet received his/her mailed packet may proceed to the Philippine Consulate at the following Los Angeles dates/hours:
- 07 May 2013 (Tuesday) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 08 May 2013 (Wednesday) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 09 May 2013 (Thursday) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 10 May 2013 (Friday) from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 11 May 2013 (Saturday) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 12 May 2013 (Sunday) from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- 13 May 2013 (Monday) from 3 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Ballots received after 4 a.m. Los Angeles time of 13 May 2013 shall be invalidated. Overseas Voters are therefore encouraged to vote and personally submit their ballots early.