(NAPSI)â€”Coming home from work to a hungry family wanting dinner on the table? It is not always easy to find time to put together a wholesome meal. Orlantha Boeker, a Hungry JackÂ® spokesperson and busy working mom with a 3-year-old son, understands the importance of serving her family meals that are delicious, budget-friendly and easy to prepare. Here are her quick tips to help you with meals for your busy family:
â€¢ Try serving breakfast for dinner, also known as â€œbrinner.â€
â€¢ Take shortcuts by purchasing some of your recipe components pre-made or pre-sliced, such as jarred pasta sauce or pre-sliced fresh mushrooms.
â€¢ Always make a little extra so you can enjoy leftovers the next day.
â€¢ Instead of ordering take-out, keep your pantry and freezer stocked with go-to staples.
This delicious Hashbrown Broccoli Bake recipe is a perfect family meal and it only takes 15 minutes of preparation. With broccoli, peppers and hashbrowns, your family will love this dish and get their veggies, too. Instead of grating potatoes by hand, a great time-saving tip is to use Hungry Jack Premium Hashbrown Potatoes. They are made out of 100 percent IdahoÂ® potatoes and require no refrigeration, so you can keep them on hand in your pantry. You can find Hungry Jack Premium Hashbrown Potatoes for $1.79 per carton at grocery stores nationwide.
For more delicious and easy recipes your whole family will love, please visit www.hungryjackpotatoes.com.
Hashbrown Broccoli Bake
1 carton (4.2 ounces) Hungry Jack Premium Hashbrown Potatoes
2 cups frozen broccoli florets, unthawed, or fresh florets in 1-inch pieces
2 cups diced cooked chicken
Â½ cup diced jarred roasted red bell pepper or diced fresh red bell pepper
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 cup (about 3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375Â°F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with butter or cooking spray.
2. Fill hashbrown potatoes carton to fill line with cold water. Let stand 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander.
3. Mix hashbrowns, broccoli, chicken, bell pepper and black pepper in a large bowl. Spread in prepared dish.
4. Stir together milk and sour cream. Pour evenly over hashbrown potatoes. Top with cheese.
5. Bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes until top just begins to brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 50 minutes
Makes 6 servings