(818) 552-4503

‘Pork’ scam suspect Ruby Tuason to be invited to Senate probe

Posted On 2014 Feb 07
Comment: Off

MANILA, Feb 7 (Mabuhay) — The Senate blue ribbon committee will invite possible key witness Ruby Tuason to its investigation on the alleged P10-billion pork barrel scam.

In a text message sent to the media, Senate blue ribbon committee chairman Teofisto Guingona III said the investigation will resume next Thursday, with Tuason invited “to shed more light on the issue.”

Earlier in the day, Tuason was brought to the Department of Justice upon arrival from the United States. She is being considered for the government’s witness protection program.

Tuason is one of those accused in the plunder complaint filed by the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in relation to the alleged pork barrel scam. In the complaint, Tuason was identified as a “representative” of Senator Juan Ponce Enrile or Jinggoy Estrada.

Marina Sula, one of the pork barrel scam whisteblowers, told a Senate hearing last September that she was once ordered by businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles, the alleged mastermind of the anomaly, to bring a bagful of money to Tuason’s house.

Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada, father of Senator Estrada, had also earlier confirmed that Tuason was once his social secretary.

On Wednesday, Senator Estrada said he is not threatened by the possible testimony of Tuason, his alleged “representative” in the alleged P10-billion pork barrel scam.

In an interview, Estrada said Tuason “can testify as long as she wants.”

“I am very confident she [Tuason] will not say anything against me,” he said.  (MNS)

 

About the Author