SUBIC BAY FREEPORT ZONE (Mabuhay) — President Aquino declined to disclose details of the planned reforms in the Bureau of Customs to address the rampant corruption in the agency.
Aquino only said that the plan may be known in less than a month.
“I directed them to do so,” Aquino said of his directive to the Department of Finance and Bureau of Customs to come up with the plan.
“I have been on board from the start. Hindi ko syempre sasabihin ang lahat ng detalye nito. Miminsanan na lang natin… Siguro ‘yung mga tatamaan ang nag-aabang nang pinaka-excited. Huwag sila mag-alala. Within a very short time, less than a month, tapos na ‘yung proseso na ating plinano.”
Malacañang spokespersons have also previously declined to disclose details, saying they do not want to preempt the plans.
Aquino could not say yet if he has accepted the resignation of Customs deputy commissioners Danilo Lim and Juan Lorenzo Tañada, saying he will first meet with Lim Tuesday afternoon.
He declined to say if he is giving Lim another post pending the meeting. (MNS)