(818) 552-4503

No cash offer yet from Napoles, De Lima says

Posted On 2014 Jun 05
Comment: Off
President Benigno S. Aquino III converses with Justice Secretary Leila de Lima during the 8th East Asia Conference (EAC) on Competition Law and Policy at the Mindanao Ballroom, Sofitel Philippine Plaza in CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City on Wednesday (August 28, 2013). EAC is an open event for key high-level officials of competition agencies in East Asia. EAC participants exchange ideas, views and experiences on emerging regional competition issues; and undertake to strengthen understanding and cooperation with regard to the implementation of competition policy and law across the region. (MNS photo)

President Benigno S. Aquino III converses with Justice Secretary Leila de Lima during the 8th East Asia Conference (EAC) on Competition Law and Policy at the Mindanao Ballroom, Sofitel Philippine Plaza in CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City on Wednesday (August 28, 2013). EAC is an open event for key high-level officials of competition agencies in East Asia. EAC participants exchange ideas, views and experiences on emerging regional competition issues; and undertake to strengthen understanding and cooperation with regard to the implementation of competition policy and law across the region. (MNS photo)

MANILA, June 4 (Mabuhay) – Alleged pork barrel scam mastermind Janet Lim-Napoles has yet to express any intention to return money she supposedly got from the massive fraud, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima said Wednesday.

In an interview, De Lima said she has not discussed with Napoles’ lawyers any plans to turn over the detained businesswoman’s alleged earnings from the anomaly.

Wala pa sa akin nakarating. Nobody has told me about it, not from her camp, not from anyone. Nabasa ko na lang, narinig ko na lang sa news. Wala, they have not discussed that with me. None of her lawyers mentioned that to me so far,” De Lima told reporters Wednesday.

The Office of the Ombudsman will ultimately decide on the matter because it was in relation to Napoles’ application for immunity, the justice chief added.

On Tuesday, Napoles’ lawyer Stephen David said his client is willing to return P100 million to P200 million from her alleged pork barrel fund transactions with lawmakers.

David said that only P2 billion of pork barrel funds were involved in Napoles’ alleged dealings with lawmakers. News reports had earlier said the anomaly involved some P10 billion in public funds.

Napoles is facing plunder charges before the Ombudsman for allegedly orchestrating the fraudulent scheme.

Plunder charges have also been recommended against Senators Ramon Revilla Jr., Jinggoy Estrada and Juan Ponce Enrile for supposedly pocketing millions in kickbacks from Napoles’ alleged scam.(MNS)

About the Author

Related Posts