(818) 552-4503

Luy shocks defense lawyers, pulls nine folders of Revilla-Napoles transactions

Posted On 2014 Aug 03
Comment: Off
Senator Ramon Bong Revilla Jr. undergoes booking procedures in Camp Crame on Friday, June 20, after he surrendered to the Sandiganbayan. The anti-graft court manifested that it has taken Revilla into custody because he surrendered, and that there is no need to serve an arrest warrant issued against him. The booking process included a medical examination, and taking his fingerprints and mugshot. (MNS photo)

Senator Ramon Bong Revilla Jr. undergoes booking procedures in Camp Crame on Friday, June 20, after he surrendered to the Sandiganbayan. The anti-graft court manifested that it has taken Revilla into custody because he surrendered, and that there is no need to serve an arrest warrant issued against him. The booking process included a medical examination, and taking his fingerprints and mugshot. (MNS photo)

MANILA (Mabuhay) — Taking the witness stand anew on Senator Ramon Bong Revilla’s bail petition, principal whistleblower Benhur Luy presented on Thursday nine new folders as evidence that senators supposedly benefited from the bogus NGO scam masterminded by his former boss Janet Lim Napoles.

The folders allegedly contain a summary of all transactions related to the pork barrel scam Luy himself facilitated from 2004 to 2012.

Luy said he printed the documents from a hard drive.

During open court, the prosecution presented a hard drive containing the alleged Benhur files, and asked Luy to identify it.

Luy confirmed the white, 500GB external hard drive taken out of a sealed envelope was his, saying the files in it contained transaction and disbursement records of dealings with senators and implementing agencies.

Ito yung external hard drive na sinubmit ko sa NBI (National Bureau of Investigation) Cybercrime Division, to be examined for forensic evidence,” Luy noted.

The prosecution then asked that the folders be admitted as evidence.

Based on the plunder and graft cases the Office of the Ombudsman filed before the Sandiganbayan, Revilla and his staff and co-accused Richard Cambe supposedly received P224.5 million in kickbacks from funds allotted to the ghost projects of Napoles NGOs from 2006 to 2010.

Atty. Joel Bodegon, Revilla’s lawyer, objected to the admission of the folders as evidence, since they were not cited during the pre-trial conference and covered alleged transactions outside the scope of the criminal information.

However, the justices of the Sandiganbayan First Division handling the Revilla pork barrel cases allowed the folders to be marked as evidence.

In an interview after the morning hearing, Justice Undersecretary Jose Justiniano said the defense should not question the prosecution’s strategy during the pork barrel scam hearings.

Justiniano joined prosecution team last week on the orders of the Ombudsman.

Di naman kailangan na (isama ‘yun sa preliminary conference). Bakit naman kailangan i-pre mark pa ‘yan? Strategy ‘yan,” he said.

“Business entry ‘yun, disbursements ‘yun.

Authenticated ‘yung sinubmit kanina. Babasahin niya na lang ‘yun, may hard copies na nga siya. Naka print out na, siyempre ipi-print niya. Alangan naman na magdala ka pa ng TV dun para ipakita ‘yung laman ng hard drive,” Justiniano added. (MNS)

About the Author

Related Posts