Grand Park’s 4th of July Block Party http://grandparkla.org/ offers Angelenos a new way to experience downtown and celebrate the Fourth. A highly dynamic and creative use of light, projections and pyrotechnics will literally light up downtown Los Angeles. This much anticipated free event, hosted by DJ Anthony Valadez of KCRW, will transform Grand Park into a celebration of the global nature of the community with world music performances from such Los Angeles-based artists as Ethio Cali and Jungle Fire. Park visitors will enjoy picnics and food trucks including Greasy Weiner, All American Gourmet Grill, Game On Gourmet, S’cream Balls, and Rollin Rib BBQ Joint. Visit the park’s web site on June 22, 2013 for an announcement about special guests.
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Music begins at 3:00 p.m.
Light show spectacle begins at 9:00 p.m.
All four blocks of Grand Park in downtown Los Angeles
200 N. Grand Avenue, between Grand Avenue and Spring Street
• Main stage and viewing area: located between Hill Street and Grand Avenue.
• Best picnic and alternate viewing area: between Spring Street and Broadway.
WHAT TO KNOW:
• Free event, no ticket necessary.
• Family-friendly, suitable for all ages.
• Outside food and beverage permitted, and picnics encouraged.
• No alcohol allowed; visit http://grandparkla.org/faqs/ for a full list of park rules.
• Blankets permitted; no outside chairs and tables allowed.
• Dogs permitted but must be leashed at all times.
• Ride the Metro line to Civic Center/Grand Park station, located right in the middle
of the park.
• Suggested parking in Lot 10 under the park between Hill Street and Broadway – $10;
or in The Music Center and Walt Disney Concert Hall garages – $10.