WANT to add a little variety to your menu this grilling season? Spice up your dinner table with Grilled Catfish, Avocado Sauce and Roasted Peppers for a quick, simple solution to breaking the burger routine.
U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish, which are sustainably raised, are low in saturated fat, high in protein and a good source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Consumption of these types of fatty acids is thought to be associated with reduction in blood pressure and reduced risk for certain cancers, inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and even mental decline. Made in under 15 minutes, this nutritious recipe is perfect for those with busy schedules.
Grilled Catfish With Avocado Sauce and Roasted Peppers
Four 7-ounce catfish fillets
Salt and pepper
1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into -inch cubes
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon mayonnaise
1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and chopped
1 cup toasted and chopped
Combine all ingredients except pecans (reserve for garnish)
2 red bell peppers
1. Place peppers over hot grill or over gas flame on stove. Char the peppers on all sides. Place the peppers in a zip-top bag and let steam for 5 minutes.
2. Remove peppers from bag, peel skin and remove inside ribs and seeds. Cut into strips. (Roasted peppers may be purchased.)
1. Brush catfish fillets with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Preheat grill on high and oil grill surface.
2. Grill fish for about 3 minutes per side, brushing with oil as needed.
3. Place one fillet on each of 4 plates. Arrange avocado sauce and peppers over fish. Sprinkle with reserved pecans.