(Relaxnews) – Living boxing legend Manny Pacquiao escapes Vegas with a controversial win, extreme surfer Garrett McNamara rides a 90-foot wave, and adrenaline pursuing Frenchmen fling themselves from tightropes in videos charting November 16, 2011.
A weigh-in on YouTube received over 1 million views and 11,000 comments, not for the content of the video, but for the fight that followed.
Filipino congressman Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao (33) beat fellow boxer Juan Manuel Marquez (38) in a controversial judges’ decision on November 12.
Off the coast of Portugal, Garrett McNamara was investigating the potential for a surfing competition when he found himself atop a 90-foot behemoth and, soon enough, he was carving a passage down one of the world’s biggest waves.
In southeastern France, Paris, and Norway, Seb Montaz and chums have been exploring what they call “skylining” — a combination of tightrope walking and skydiving. Their trips led to the documentary I Believe I Can Fly, sales of which will fund further adventures.
YouTube’s most watched sports videos of the week, November 16
(All-time views in parentheses)
1) Manny Pacquiao vs Juan Manuel Marquez 3 Official Weigh-in (1,206,218 views)
2) Garrett McNamara rides 90 Foot Wave! New World Record (963,333)
3) ‘It had to happen’ – Lingerie Football League slip-up (891,769)
Tudou’s most watched sports videos of the week
1) Student sprint race: handstand start (164,416)
2) China lose World Cup 2014 qualifier: six provocative questions (164,308)
3) MMA: Shaolin style Yi Long KOs rtd Police Officer Shea Ealey (131,785)
Dailymotion’s most watched sports videos of the week
1) Ukraine v Germany (98,339)
2) Uraguay too hot for Chile (54,961)
3) ‘I Believe I Can Fly’ trailer – The ‘Flying Frenchies’ skylining documentary (67,620)
Nicovideo’s most watched sports videos of the week
(requires free registration)
1) Arm-wrestling monster: Denis Cyplenkov dominates Andrey Pushkar (55,827)
2) SoftBank Hawks fly through Pacific League Series baseball (61,940)
3) Borussia Dortmund v Wolfsburg: spotlight on Shinji Kagawa (66,172)