(NewsUSA) – If you ask anyone, whether it be your friends, your neighbors or your colleagues, all will tell you the best things about summer are the surf and the sun! For many of us, a day at the beach is like a mini-vacation, but if you’re not prepared, your lovely day trip can turn into your worst nightmare! The team at Firestone Complete Auto Care would like to offer the following tips to get you ready for your summer beach trips:
* Make sure your vehicle’s fluids and filters are fresh and the air conditioner is working properly, as this will help keep your vehicle cool in the summer heat.
* Avoid overloading your vehicle, as too much weight in the vehicle can decrease your gas mileage and create excessive heat inside your tires.
* When driving on sand, point your vehicle’s wheels straight ahead when starting off. This will help reduce the effort required by your vehicle to move forward.
* If you get stuck in the sand, reverse out. Gently reverse on your own tracks and then try to slowly move forward again. Before trying to reverse out, remove sand build-up from behind the tires or under your vehicle.
* Once you get home, remove all traces of sand, dirt or salt from your vehicle after a beach trip. When hosing your vehicle, pay special attention to areas like the mudguards and any other nooks and crannies where sand can get trapped.
* Make sure to check your tire pressure on all four tires and your spare at least once per month and before every long trip. Be certain to keep them at the recommended pressure level.
Firestone Complete Auto Care also realizes that rising gas prices might keep you and your family from embarking on a summer road trip to the seashore. That’s why we have set up Gasonomics, an online resource to help you save money at the pump! Go to http://www.firestonecompleteautocare.com/gasonomics for money-saving tips and special offers from Firestone Complete Auto Care and to locate the lowest priced gas near your home.