(818) 552-4503

American abducted in Zamboanga in July freed

Zamboanga – The City of Flowers

MANILA – An American national abducted in Zamboanga City last July 12 has been released but her 14-year-old son remains in captivity. Zamboanga City Mayor Celso Lobregat said Gerfa Lunsmann was freed but her abductors are still holding her son.

There was no confirmation on whether ransom was paid for the release of Lunsmann.

Instead, it said the kidnappers had been in direct contact with Lunsmann’s husband. Earlier, it was reported that the abductors had demanded a $10-million ransom in exchange for the victims’ release.

Lunsmann and her 14-year-old son were vacationing in Tictabon Island when armed men abducted them.

A police report said around 10 p.m. Sunday, authorities proceeded to Sitio Suba Kampong in Barangay Townsite in Maluso, Basilan to verify information that armed men were in the area.

It was there that they found Lunsmann, alone.

At 2:10 a.m. Monday, Lunsmann was turned over to two special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

About the Author

Related Posts