(818) 552-4503
off

Revilla lawyer formally withdraws from ‘pork’ cases

MANILA (Mabuhay) – Detained Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla and his lawyer Joel Bodegon have formally cut ties, according to a manifestation sent to the Sandiganbayan First Division Wednesday, but made public Thursday. In a two-page document, Bodegon, who said last […]
off

Rep. Binay dares Mercado to do a ‘Ruby Tuason’

MANILA (Mabuhay) – Controversial Senate witness, former Makati City Vice Mayor Ernesto Mercado, should do a Ruby Tuason and return to the National Treasury whatever kickbacks he unlawfully amassed from government projects, House Deputy Majority Leader and Makati City Rep. […]
off

SC asked to declare P2.6-trillion 2015 national budget unconstitutional

MANILA (Mabuhay) — A former Iloilo congressman has once again asked the Supreme Court to declare as unconstitutional the P2.606-trillion 2015 national budget which was approved by President Benigno Aquino III earlier this week. In a 20-page amended petition, former […]

Sandigan rejects recusal request of justices in Jinggoy cases

MANILA, Dec 17 (Mabuhay) — The Sandiganbayan has unanimously refused the request for recusal of the three justices handling the graft and plunder cases of Sen. Jinggoy Estrada, Presiding Justice Amparo Cabotaje-Tang said Wednesday. Tang said the anti-graft court, in […]
off

2015 budget still an election budget — Miriam

MANILA (Mabuhay) — Just a day after her colleagues approved the proposed P2.6 trillion 2015 national budget on 3rd and final reading, Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago maintained that next year’s appropriations is not pork-free and is an election budget meant […]
off

Sandiganbayan admits major evidence vs. Revilla in ‘pork’ case

MANILA (Mabuhay) – The First Division of the anti-graft court Sandiganbayan on Thursday admitted almost all of the evidence presented by the prosecution panel against Senator Ramon Bong Revilla Jr. for plunder charges in connection with his alleged involvement in […]
off

De Lima: No probe yet on DOH Usec. Garin despite implication in NABCOR mess

MANILA, Nov 12 (Mabuhay) – No probe yet on Health Undersecretary Janette Garin. In an interview late Tuesday, Justice Secretary Leila de Lima admitted that she has yet to order an investigation on Garin, currently officer-in-charge of the DOH, who […]
off

Anti-pork barrel group asks SC to decide on plea sans COA side

MANILA (Mabuhay) – An anti-pork barrel group has asked the Supreme Court to decide on its petition, which sought the return of P6 billion worth of pork barrel funds allegedly used for ghost projects, even without the side of Commission […]
off

Nancy slams TG: What happened to pork scam documents?

MANILA (Mabuhay) – Senator Nancy Binay said her requests to the Senate Blue Ribbon Committee to produce pork barrel scam-related documents remain unanswered one year after. She said she could not understand the inaction on the part of Blue Ribbon […]
off

Napoles children urge SC to stop graft trial

MANILA (Mabuhay) – The Supreme Court (SC) has ordered the government to file its comment on the petition filed by the children of alleged pork barrel scam queen Janet Lim Napoles, which urges the high court to stop the Sandiganbayan […]