(818) 552-4503
off

Estrada: Pork scam witness Tuason has 89 bank accounts

MANILA (Mabuhay) —  Detained senator Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada on Monday bared that pork barrel scam witness Ruby Tuason has 89 bank accounts under her name. Interviewed after his bail hearing from plunder over the scam, Estrada showed to reporters a […]
off

Whistleblower didn’t see Valdez get kickbacks

MANILA (Mabuhay) -– Pork barrel scam whistleblower Marina Sula admitted Tuesday she did not see former APEC party-list Rep. Edgar Valdez receive kickbacks from his Priority Development Assistance Fund (PDAF) allocations. During the continuation of her cross-examination at the...
off

Cedric Lee reiterates plea to defer issuance of arrest warrant

MANILA, July 3 (Mabuhay) – Businessman Cedric Lee on Friday appeared before the Sandiganbayan Third Division to ask the anti-graft court to defer the issuance of an arrest warrant against him for his graft and malversation cases. In a short […]
off

Benhur Luy admits transacting with Jinggoy’s aide behind Napoles’ back

MANILA, July 3 (Mabuhay) – Whistleblower Benhur Luy on Friday admitted that there was a time he had his own transactions regarding the pork barrel scam without the knowledge of Janet Lim Napoles, his former boss who had been tagged […]
off

Lawyers shout it out during Ruby Tuason testimony

MANILA (Mabuhay) – A shouting match among marred the bail hearing of Senator Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada on Monday as lawyers argued about the involvement of state witness Ruby Tuason in the Malampaya fund scam. During cross examination, Estrada lawyer Sabino […]
off

Ombudsman indicts ERC chair Ducut, ex-Rep. Ruffy Biazon, 4 others for graft

MANILA, July 1 (Mabuhay) — The Office of the Ombudsman has found probable cause to file graft, malversation, and direct bribery charges against Energy Regulatory Commission chief Zenaida Ducut and five former members of the House of Representatives. In a […]
off

Sandiganbayan chief admits low disposition of cases in 2014 due to ‘pork’ cases

MANILA (Mabuhay) – Sandiganbayan Presiding Justice Amparo Cabotaje-Tang on Thursday admitted that hearing cases related to the pork barrel scam took its toll last year on the disposition of other cases pending before the anti-graft court. In a chance interview […]
off

Honasan, 8 solons face raps in 3rd batch of ‘pork’ cases –DOJ exec

MANILA (Mabuhay) — Senator Gregorio Honasan and eight former and incumbent members of the House of Representatives are among those to be criminally charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) in the third batch of cases that it will file […]
off

Duterte raps critics, says he might run for president

DAVAO (Mabuhay) – For the first time, Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte said he is considering running for president in 2016 after being fed up with the criticisms being thrown at him. “This is the first time that I have […]
off

De Lima: DOJ not dropping ‘Napolist’ probe

MANILA (Mabuhay) – Justice Secretary Leila de Lima on Tuesday denied reports that the Department of Justice has dropped its investigation on “Napolist,” a list of names of individuals involved in the alleged pork barrel scam. “How can we drop […]