West Coast’s premier boating event cruises into the LA Convention Center and Pier 44 in Marina del Rey, offering visitors a chance to shop and experience the boating lifestyle in-water and on-land
LOS ANGELES – The 2014 Progressive Insurance Los Angeles Boat Show takes place February 6-9, cruising into the Los Angeles Convention Center and Pier 44 in Marina del Rey. The four-day event showcases hundreds of vessels from entry-level family cruisers to million dollar yachts, plus the latest in boating accessories and gear. The four-day show also features educational seminars, on-the-water boating workshops and nautical fun for all-ages.
2014 Progressive Insurance Los Angeles Boat Show highlights:
- Try-it Cove – get on the water, indoors: activities include stand up paddleboarding (SUP), kayaking and more.
- New! Big Boat Row and Boaters Lounge: See a spectacular fleet of big boats standing more than
40 feet in length, plus an opportunity to socialize with fellow boaters in a yacht club inspired setting.
- New! Marine Marketplace: a dedicated shopping area for all boating needs, featuring hundreds of accessories, gear and more, priced competitively for the best value.
- New! Kids’ Zone: surfing simulator, live trout pond fishing, life jacket program and appearances by Nickelodeon’s Dora the Explorer.
- New! Swampmaster Gator Show: Watch as the Swampmaster catches an 8-foot, 200lb alligator with his bare hands. Kids can also get up close to a baby gator.
- Discover Boating Hands-On Skills Training: boaters of all ages and experience levels can get behind the helm during a series of on-water workshops taught by USCG-certified professionals.
- Powerboat Docking Challenge: test docking skills with radio-controlled boats.
- Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center: hands-on clinics for the DIY boater.
- Welcome to the Water Center: resources for those looking to get started in boating.